Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Beastie Boss

Went to Best Buy today during lunch to pick up the new Beastie Boys album. Ripped it to my MP3 player right away. So far so good. I need to listen to an album about 10 times before I figure out if I like it or not, or which tracks I like better than others. But so far I like this album (we're somewhere into the third listen as I type). So if you like the Boys, and haven't picked up the album yet, I suggest you Ch-Check It Out.

Also decided it was time to pick up a cable that could hook up the MP3 player to my receiver at home, via the player's headphone jack. Stopped by Radio Shack after work and picked up one of those bad boys for about $7. Good investment. 5 speakers and a subwoofer sound a hell of a lot better than headphones. The subwoofer especially makes the Beasties album sound good.

Met up with Boom Boom after hitting Radio Shack. We haven't had a chance to hang out one-on-one and catch up in a while, so we made plans to grab a drink. We were both a bit hungry, so we hit Mori first, for some sushi, and then went to Duke's for some drinks. Nothing too crazy, just a few drinks and conversation. It was good to catch up. Boom Boom has some good shit happening at work, which is exciting.

Speaking about work, I am getting closer and closer to quitting. My boss is very upset about this prospect, which is certainly nice. It's good to be loved. He keeps saying he hopes I don't go through with it. I keep telling him "well, if you want me on the team so badly, convince your management to let me telecommute from Boston." It turns out he has already spoken to them about possibly letting me stay on for 2-3 months at least, to help through the transition.

That would be ideal for me. I'd get to move to Boston while still on the payroll, and can take the 2-3 months to comfortably look for work. Otherwise I will be up there temping or bartending, panicking about being a broke-ass fool. Or mooching off my sugar-mamma Pegg for as long as she will put up with it. Neither option is ideal. So hopefully they will see the light, and show saltydog some love. Wish me luck....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home