Monday, June 07, 2004

For Champy

So my friend Champy asked me how the rest of my weekend was. He knew I was in Boston because I called him from Newbury Comics in the Garage at Harvard Square to say that they had a Resort Smithers Simpsons figure there. See, we had seen this figure about a year ago in another store, and Champy was thinking about buying it for a close friend of his who is a Simpsons fan, and who had recently come out of the closet. For some reason, he decided against it. Since then we have mentioned Resort Smithers once or twice, and I couldn't remember if he still wanted to get this as a gift for his friend. So I called to check. He said he would swing by Newbury Comics and check it out again. (Champy actually lives in Boston.)

Anyway, in an email covering several things, including my weekend round-up, I referred him to the entry below. His response:

    if you're gonna laundry list your weekend, at least include a resort smithers reference.

Ask and ye shall receive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home