Thursday, June 10, 2004

F*cking technology

Update: OK, disregard this post. There is a way to do it. It's a pain in the ass, but it can be done. I'm just a moron who did not look at the link called Portable device concerns? on the CD interface screen. Still, this was a pain.

P.S. - If you use an iPod with Windows, it won't work for you. Bummer.


The Velvet Revolver CD came out on Tuesday. I am a huge Guns n' Roses fan. Really, who isn't? If you say you're not, well, you're full of shit, ok? (Let's pop in Appetite and see if you don't sing along.) And I liked STP enough back in the day. Not a huge fan, but i liked their hits. So I was excited for this album.

Popped it into the computer, fired up the MP3 player software, ripped the CD, transferred the goodness to my player. Get on the subway, hit play. What did I hear? A bunch of garbled bullshit.

Looks like this CD has rip protection on it. When you pop it in a computer, you can only play it through its own interface. What a crock. I am mostly law abiding. I plunked down the cash for the CD. I should be able to listen to it as I choose. I choose my Nomad. Fuck BMG.

<done whining now>

3 Comments:

Blogger Someone I Used To Know said...

BTW - your mp3 player is invited to the party as we do not have much muzak.

Thank you.

The Management.

No shirts, no shoes, no hippieloveshit.

1:40 PM  
Blogger saltydog said...

So you all love me for my 25GB of MP3s, and not my drunken ramblings? Nice. Very nice.

1:51 PM  
Blogger Someone I Used To Know said...

I want to hear your drunken ramblings, but they need a soundtrack playing in the background.

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home