Thursday, June 03, 2004

Busy bee

I've been lax in my posting. My bad.

Let's see. What's been going on. A little bit of everything, but nothing major.

Memorial Day weekend was pretty relaxing. We had "early release" from work on Friday. While it may sound like a men's problem, possibly remedied by any of the millions of products I get spammed about, "early release" is actually quite nice. Got home by 4:00pm. Cleaned up a bit. Played some XBOX. I had bought this game Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic a while ago. People raved about it. Best. Game. Ever. So they said. Maybe I am getting too old for this shit, or maybe I am not as much of a dork as I think I am, but the game just didn't do it for me. After 30 minutes I was longing for Dig-Dug.

After giving up on high technology, I watched some TV and waited for Girlfriend to show up. She was driving into town, so she got in earlier than when she takes the train. Some friends were going to No Idea because one of them came up on name night. We thought about going, but decided to pass because Girlfriend was not feeling so great. This was a good idea, because as it turns out she was sick, and was much better off with a night of laying on the couch watching tv than she would have been at a dive bar.

Saturday we took our time getting up. After two or three cups of coffee, we hit the road. We were headed upstate to hang out with my parents. Traffic was surprisingly bad, given that it was already well into the long weekend. But we had some good CDs in the car, so the time passed pretty quickly. Saw more road-kill on this drive than ever before. Three deer in the bunch. Kind of sad. And we saw more "Yard Sale" "Tag Sale" "Garage Sale" signs than I have ever seen in my life. Guess that's the big thing to do up there for Memorial Day. Not my scene, but we knew my parents would be into that.

We stopped off for lunch at Sweet Sue's, which is one of my favorite places up there. Best breakfast in the world. No lie. This time we tried lunch, which was also pretty good. I had this curried chicken with dried fruit wrap, and Girlfriend had a turkey reuben. Both tasty. And we enjoyed watching the staff interact and break for the day, as we got there about closing time. Interesting bunch of people there.

The rest of the trip was pretty relaxing. I had wanted to go hiking, which we haven't done in a while. Girlfriend's cold left her feeling a bit weary, though, so we didn't wind up doing too much. Walked around outside a bit, watched some TV, went to a lot of flea markets and yard sales with my parents, and that was that. Sunday night we took off, planning to spend the day in NYC on Monday.

So Monday comes, and Girlfriend is still not feeling so hot. How did we spend our big day off in NYC? Watching about 6 episodes STRAIGHT of Law & Order on TNT. Somehow managed to clean up a bit, eat, and get some other things done in between, but that was basically the extent of our day. I was glad they spread the episodes across the seasons. Got to see the rotating cast. No Ice-T though, which is a bummer. I still like anything he is in. He cracks me up.

Then we decided to go nuts, and switch it up to some Deadwood in the evening. We're fucking out of control.

This week has been busy at work. I'm also starting to work on finding someone to take over our apartment so we can get going on this move. Boston is becoming more real with every passing day. Sent out a mass spam to basically everyone I know. Figure it will be better to work with a friend, or friend of a friend at least, to lessen chance of complications. We'll see how it goes.

Couldn't fall asleep last night. Stayed up watching TV until 3am for some stupid reason. Such a dumb-ass. Wasn't happy to hear the alarm this morning. Oh well, another weekend is almost upon us. Headed up to Boston. Hopefully it will be restful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home