Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Old Mil - NA

Ha. Just read something on The Black Table that made me laugh. Someone on craigslist is giving away two six packs of Old Milwaukee non-alcoholic beer. They bought it by mistake.

Well friends, saltydog here has a confession. I too was suckered into buying two six packs of Old Milwaukee NA just last year. I was back at college for The Game and staying with some friends in a hotel. We decided to grab some beers for the room. In the spirit of re-living those glory days, we went to the same ghetto liquor store that used to sell to us when we were 18, you know, to give something back to them. In the same spirit, we decided to drink the crappiest beer our money could buy. Golden Anniversary. Milwaukee's Best. Old Milwaukee. Etc... So we grabbed up some six-packs, including some Old Mil.

We get back to the room, fill up the sink with ice, throw in the beers, and each grabbed one. I went straight for the Old Mil. Crack the can. Take a sip. Mmmmmm. Goooood. Then I look at the label. "Hey. What the fuck? What is this NA crap? Oh man!!!!!!" I was so pissed.

The damned store had the Old Mil NA mixed right in with all the beers. I was bamboozled man. Perfectly good waste of $10. I'm just glad to know I am not the only one who has been such a fool. Thanks Amy Blair.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home