Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Lookee lookee

So I found the URL to my friend's not-yet-ready-to-reveal blog accidentally today. I was checking my Site Meter stats, and took a look at the referring URLs. Most referring URLs are comment pages on other sites where I have left some pearl of wisdom. Sometimes I get a Google hit. And once before I was linked into by another blogger, Ron. Today I noticed another blog link, but from a blog I had never seen before. So I clicked on it. The first entry I saw was about a recent injury suffered by a friend of mine. (He ruptured his Achilles heel playing softball Monday night.) Then there in the sidebar of this blog was a link to mine. So I knew right away whose blog this was.

Anyway, that's not even the point. The point is that she has spent a lot of time making her site look very very cool. Slick in the slickest of Slick-Rick senses. It made me jealous. My site looked like donkey doo. But if you haven't learned this by now, I am lazy. And laziness tends to trump most things, even jealousy. Being the lazy shit that I am, I hopped onto blogger.com and chose a new template for my site. Something a little more pleasing to the eye. After all, I need to appreciate my two readers. Might as well give them something better to look at.

Hope you like the new look. Methinks it is much better than the old one.

Sadly, it took this IT professional much longer than I would like to admit to retrofit the original comments and site-meter tags into the new template. Guess that's why I don't code any more...

And I dropped the book list. I realized that it wasn't changing at all. I have been bad about reading lately. Though I did bring A Man In Full to work today, hoping to have lunch in the park and get some reading done. This is true.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home