Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Difference 1,738,943 Between Boston And New York

The mall near work has both a Dunkin Donuts and a Starbucks.  Every morning there is  a line 12 people deep at Dunkin Donuts.  The line at Starbucks is usually  only 1 or 2 people deep.  In New York the exact opposite would be true.  Starbucks is usually jammed, and Dunkin Donuts is a far second choice.  A big reason for this might be that NYC Dunkin Donuts franchisees do not know how to run their stores.  They are usually dingy and dirty, and their coffee tastes like crap.  I know that DD is a New England empire, but NYC is not so far that they can't send some folks down from corporate to show the NYC guys how to get it right.  One of the joys of living in Boston is that you can choose either vendor with the confidence that you will get a tasty cup of Joe.  I myself am simply a coffee addict.   I don't care which coffee I drink, as long as it is tasty.  I love me some Java.  Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts brews each have their strengths and weaknesses, but I enjoy them both.  Thank you Boston, for coffee equality.  NYC Dunkin Donuts hacks - get your shit together.

1 Comments:

Blogger Someone I Used To Know said...

Oh, you self-righteous Bostonian with your superior Dunkin Donuts. Well, let me tell you something and if you ain't ready to hear it, well, then, I can't help you:

Dunkin Donuts is taking over the world. And when I say world, I mean, NYC. That's right - we gots our shits togethers and we gots some damn fine DoubleDs in the city now.

I tell you no lies - Dunkins of the world, unite and take over.

Starbucks is for pussies.

All the best,

Rinweeney

11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home