Monday, November 07, 2005

Canon Sucks

Looks like I will need a new digital camera.  I bought a Canon Powershot S400 in May '03.  I was really happy with the camera, its portability, the quality of its pictures, etc...  Then when it turned about 2 years old I started getting "Memory Card Error" messages, and losing some pictures.  Once or twice I was able to recover lost pics by using a card reader to mine for them using Windows explorer.  On other occasions they have simply been lost.
 
I thought perhaps the problem was my fault.  Maybe I had dropped the camera.  Perhaps I exposed it to water or sand one too many times.  Turns out it is built this way.  This is a known problem that many digital Elph owners have experienced.  In fact, most people see the problem at 18 months.  So I was lucky to get 2 years out of this $450 investment.
 
 
And I liked the camera so much that we bought the S410 for my cousin for a graduation present.  And I recommended it to Pegg's sister and parents, and they each bought one.  I can't believe that a major company would put such a shoddy product on the market.  I will never buy anything from Canon again.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.zlk.com/canoncarderror.html

11:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home