Friday, October 14, 2005

Mall Music

I work very close to the Cambridge Side Galleria mall.  Given that they have a Dunkin Donuts and a Starbucks, not to mention the food court, we wind up there a lot.  (I also tend to frequent the Best Buy on Tuesdays for new releases, and CVS for personal needs, but that's neither here nor there.)  Lately when I've been in the mall, I've gotten a big kick out of the music that they pipe in.  It hasn't been Muzak, or "Lite Lovesongs", but rather 80s tunes!  Not sure who controls the tune selection over there, or if it is some national corporate thing, but I have to say it has been rather enjoyable.  Some recent selections include:
 
Little Red Corvette - Prince
Electric Avenue - Eddy Grant
Here I Go Again - Whitesnake
I Want A New Drug - Huey Lewis & the News
I Would Do Anything For Love - Meatloaf
Take On Me - a-ha
and so on
 
I'm going to need some fat laces and a pac-man t-shirt to wear on my coffee runs soon.  So rad!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home